Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pocket Portfolio

I spent the weekend sifting through every ad I've ever written, and I learned one thing.

All my best work fits in my pants pocket.

No, I'm not that bad. It's because my favorite ads are now very neatly stored in my iPhone.

Nothing fancy, really. All I did was snap a picture of each ad with the camera phone. Now nothing can stop me from reviewing my work. Starting tomorrow,

I can check my ads on the train, or sneak-a-peek in the rain.
I can make revisions without a seat, or rethink ideas on my feet.

Don't know what possessed me to write that, sorry. I'm just very excited (still no excuse for the above, I know).

Point is, my best stuff is now super accessible. I can spend more time reviewing and more time improving. I'm sure I'll run into plenty of roadblocks over the next few months, finding the time to review my work shouldn't be one of them.

Almost forgot, I came across a short article on the nobility of copywriting on a blog called, "The Copywriting Maven." I really enjoyed the video at the end of the article. Check it out, it'll make you smile. Also, I love the music playing in the video. Same music in the beginning of one of my favorite movies, "Il Postino." Goodnight!

http://www.copywritingmaven.com/2008/09/20/nobility-of-copywriting/

Joe
http://twitter.com/joeyz101

No comments:

Post a Comment