Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is enough enough?

One of my walking tour of NYC shots yesterday.

Enough is enough, or is it.
0
I stayed up on the wall again in yesterday's class. I'm very happy about that but I want to better understand the meaning of "the wall" and how it relates to the ads I choose for my portfolio.
0
Now that I have an intial draft of my portfolio I'm looking to make it better and I want to be sure that every ad in my book (book = portfolio) is stronger than the next.
0
Last night we were only allowed to show 2 ads that we did for Milton Bradley. I came to class with 7 so I had to quickly choose my 2 favs. Here's the headline I wrote that stayed up:
0
Headline: Come together as a family and bring the leader down.
Tagline: Milton Bradley. Know who you're up against.
0
Milton Bradley games are all about having fun and coming together with family and friends, I wanted to show that its still also about winning and the friendly competition that exists between family and friends. Basically my ad says, "Hey cousin of mine, I love ya and I'm happy we're having a great time together but I'm here to win so get ready to lose!"
0
I like this concept but I worry that it might be too safe or not impressive enough for my book. Let me know your thoughts on the line, I'd be interested to know!
0
My professor said that he liked the line, which is good since he works in the business. And being the competitive nut that I am, I think I have enough to turn this into a funny "Family Competition" campaign.
0
0
In other news, I walked all over Manhattan yesterday searching for new shops with "Grand Opening" signs in the window. I only found one and it wasn't what I had in mind.
0
I was surprised because (in my head) I always see loads of new stores popping up all the time. These days I guess it's too risky to remove the safety net and try to go it alone in the cold cruel world.
0
Err, then what the hell am I doing out here in the cold cruel world? Mommy?
0
0
For my next photography challenge I have to capture an image that represents a country creatively. For example, it's a stereotype to use an eagle to represent the USA but there are plenty of other images that can be used to represent this country.
0
My idea is to take a picture of a storefront with a "Grand Opening" sign because to me, people coming from all over the world to chase the American dream by risking it all is a large part of what this country has been about. Hopefully I can find something today (the deadline is midnight!)
0
I'm also going camping this weekend. I think I need to get away for a bit, work has been crazy lately :o)
0
I have some preparing to do, cold weather camping is no joke (when I was little I got hypothermia but that was because I was using a summer sleeping bag in the dead of winter, thanks mom and dad ;p )
0
joeyz101


2 comments:

  1. I love the concept for Milton Bradely. Are you ready for camping?! I know I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe..you give us all inspiration. The world is not cold and cruel but exciteing and adventurous, you teach us how to truly embrace it.

    ReplyDelete