Sunday, October 25, 2009

That midnight oil

At the moment (2:16am) I'm hard at work on my ads for the MICHELIN Guide.

I've really enjoyed learning all about the MICHELIN Guide this week and hope that my research results in a creative ad or two that stick on the wall.

My main concern now is making sure that my high level list of ideas are closely aligned with the overall benefit consumers receive from the MICHELIN Guide. If not, then those ideas represent trails not worth exploring. You can write headlines all day long but if the overall idea doesn't sync up with the product benefit, it's all a waste of time.

I've been spending so much time doing product research and thinking of campaign ideas you might say, Joe, you should get out more.

If that's the case, then you (and my mom) are probably right.

But in my defense, I managed to squeeze some fun into these last few days. I avenged a recent tennis loss this past Thursday night, hung out with friends Friday night, attended the NYC Photography Show all day Saturday and then raced straight to a Surprise birthday / costume party (dressed as Spongebob Squarepants).



I also just watched the latest episode of FlashForward tonight as I made a lovely pastina dish for dinner.
0
I expect to have a great day tomorrow. It will start with me working on my ads and it will end with my class. Whether I produce portfolio worthy ads or not, I'll know that this week's approach was better than the last and structured enough to reapply going forward.
0
Ciao for now,
0
joeyz101


No comments:

Post a Comment