Thursday, October 15, 2009

Breaks allowed



I woke up bright and early this morning, ready to work.

It feels good to be excited about the day ahead. I'm at the library now working on a few things but thought I'd take a break to share the silly picture I took while making breakfast. Really, all I did was hang the sign and take the picture (so what if I arranged the tomatoes and cleaned the counter a bit).

Any time you have eggs on the stovetop and a tripod in the kitchen, you know you're multitasking!

After making, a really perfect, sausage egg and cheese sandwich, I got the ball rolling by reading Simple & Direct: A Rhetoric for Writers, by Jacques Barzun. The goal here is to polish up my writing skills so that I churn out tighter headlines with more punch, pinch and pizazz.

I'll put what I've been reading to the test in a few. Next item on the to do list is to work on my Black & Decker Simple Start Vehicle Battery Booster ad campaign. After that I'm thinking pizza, some things never change, and after that, I'll watch some Adobe Indesign tutorials.

The guy's voice is a little annoying, so is mine, so I deal.

Then I'll dig out an old ad campaign, I'm thinking As Seen on TV, and sharpen it up. I like the ads but I need to come up with at least one or two more to knock out the current weak links and strengthen the campaign overall.

Then comes the fun stuff.

Dinner, maybe I'll make a pizza, probably not, but I could if I really wanted to. Around 8pm I will stretch out and by 9pm I'll be on the tennis court (hopefully winning my match, sorry Rob!).

And one more thing, I'm trying, really hard, to get "into" a TV show (other than Seinfeld). I saw the first three episodes of Flash Forward and I thought it was pretty cool. I'm going to check out the fourth episode after tennis tonight, on Hulu.

Yep, today is rolling along nicely, but the day is long and there's still a ways to go. Hopefully by 11pm I hit that tomato strike.

joeyz101
http://twitter.com/joeyz101

2 comments:

  1. Who has that many bananas on hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone who doesn't plan on cramping in tonight's tennis match!

    ReplyDelete