Saturday, January 2, 2010

Will you or won't you?

Celebrating NYE in NYC with friends



Happy New Year!
0
I hope everyone out there (are you out there?) enjoyed an amazing holiday season with family and friends.
0
Since it's now the New Year, 2010 (do you say twenty ten or O ten? I like the former!) I am going to take a stab at the very popular "New Years Resolution" blog article. Here goes......
0
0
Last night, after an evening at my aunts house and what I like to call the last leg in the dining decathlon that is the holidays, I decided that come January 2nd morning I would wake up early and go for a run.
0
In fact I more than decided, I resolved.
0
I laid out my running clothes, complete with my usual over use of gear. I had runners tights, thermals, special gloves about 85 layers to wick away sweat, and of course my music (or I should say Pandora's music since I have zero songs on my iPhone).
0
I woke up at 6:30am (VICTORY #1: I want to get up earlier on weekends this year) and made a serious spiral ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich (VICTORY # 2: I want to eat healthier than 2009 so I subbed out the sausage).
0
I got dressed and threw on my favorite cycling jacket. As I walked to the door I thought, "Maybe I should wear brighter colors since it's still a bit dark outside." When I stepped out onto the porch I realized that black would pop better than any other color.
0
It was snowing.
0
I paused for a second but then remembered my resolution so into the snow I ran.
0
It was driving down pretty hard and hitting me right in the face. I should resolve to replace the sunglasses I lost in "twenty nine," I thought. At first it was kind of annoying but then I thought "resolve" means to reach a firm decision about, so what better way to test my resolve than this?
0
Satisfied, I smiled (and ran faster).
0
As usual, what seems like an obstacle really is a catalyst. This run through the snow has me extremely motivated for today, tomorrow and the rest of the year.
0
I'd love to race the sun each morning and chase it down each night.
0
I know this won't happen everyday. I'll sleep in, be lazy, sometimes I'll just be stupid. One thing I know is I'll always be weak. But when I am I'll remember days like today and when I sleep in I'll feel bad because I am aware. I can close my eyes and see me on that white road, snow flakes diving down. I can see my foot prints and know that I was there when no one else was.
0
The challenge I face is pushing forward despite my weaknesses. To me, that's the true test of strength and character. Each day I want to prove to myself that I am who my sister and my mom and my dad say that I am.
0
My personal resolutions for the year are as follows:
0
- Wake up earlier
- Go to bed earlier
- Drink less red bull
- Finish advertising portfolio (Q1 2010)
- Get job at advertising agency (ASAP)
- Appreciate the little things that give life texture and flavor
- Learn how to dance
0
I've got others too - This is a blog people, not a diary! ;o)
0
0
I hope you resolve to embrace your weaknesses and use them to push closer to achieving your dreams.
0
joeyz101




No comments:

Post a Comment