Friday, January 15, 2010

Checking up on you

How's it going? We haven't talked in a while!

In fact, the last few weeks represent the longest hiatus I've taken since starting this blog back in August.

Whether you missed me or not (or are willing to admit it) I missed you! And whats more, I've been thinking of plenty of things for us to talk about in the coming weeks.

You may or may not know that I am officially one year older and wiser (wiser is debateable I know) then when last we spoke but I am. Each year I am humbled by my family and friends, you know, the birthday cards, the gifts, and most importantly what people say.

I feel very loved and I view that love as a privledge. I use it to motivate me to work harder and be a better person and I think it works.

No matter how far I am away from my goals, I know I'll get there because while I can't see into the future I have memories, moments and signs that make me feel as though I'm heading in the right direction. They come in the form of words (books I've read), sights (images I've seen, people (family, friends, random people I meet).

These signs are past hopes and wishes now answered and they allow me to believe that future dreams will also be realized if I keep working to reach them.

Every year when I blow out the candles on the birthday cake I make a wish. But this year I thought, what about the wishes I've made on previous birthdays, have they come true?

The answer is some yes and some no.

Should I elaborate? Tell you the wishes I've made and all that? I would, trust me but I like you see? And if I told you 1. They might not come true, and 2. I'd have to kill you and thats really not my style. I will say this though:

A lot of times I make wishes for my family and I. My birthday wishes are usually pretty deep, I should write it down so I can recite it to myself in front of the cake because now that I think about it, is there any more akward place to make a thoughtful sincere wish then in front of hungry friends and family waiting anxiously to devour the cake in front of you?

The looks on their eyes tells me they're thinking, it's bad enough the birthday boy gets the first slice, now I have to stand here as he takes his sweet time?! I'm sure no one gets that crazy over it (I have to say this since Family and Friends read this blog) but it is kind of funny to think about.

The point is that many good things already exist in my life and I believe that at one time or another I wished (worked / hoped) for them (not all but some for sure) and that gives me the faith to know that there is something on the other end of what I'm dreaming of today.

For now it's back to work, dreams don't dream themselves up afterall!

joeyz101
http://twitter.com/joeyz101

No comments:

Post a Comment