Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome distractions

So yes, we are plowing through January and my blogging output has dropped significantly.

People get distracted and I am no exception. I do, however, try to avoid the types of distractions that derail me from my goals and welcome the ones that, while not directly related to any particular goal, inspire, excite and help in someway to make me a better person.


Step one
If you find yourself distracted, ask if you welcome it or not.

Step two
Prioritize, how you ask? Like so:

I can cut back on blog writing a bit but not on completing my portfolio. You can make room for the welcome distractions in your life, and you can do it by shuffling. There will always be time for the important people and things in my life no matter what anyone says.

Step three
Welcome distractions aren't really distractions at all (I'm not talking about midday snacks here people)

Call things as they are.

If you willingly make time for someone or something you are choosing to make it a priority, simple as that.


As far as the business end of things, I've been speaking to Art Directors and think I may have found one (through my good friend James!) who will do a very cool and seriously professional job. I have one campaign out there now and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will turn out!!!

I will also begin my latest Advertising class this Monday. The wind is behind me so I guess I'm still flying high and sitting pretty.

Have a great weekend world, (don't forget about me ;)

joeyz101
http://twitter.com/joeyz101

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you are taking another ad class! Good for you!

    Lina

    ReplyDelete