Friday, December 11, 2009

Conquer yourself

I have one goal when I wake up, to conquer myself.
  • To not be lazy
  • To stay on task
  • To get out of my own way
Sometimes I feel like everything I do is a test. It can annoying at first but the presence of many challenges means the opportunity for many victories.

Today I woke up and raked leaves in the front of my house, in the wind.

I was really frustrated, and cold and pissed off. I was in a bad mood and the job was not getting done. Each time I raked a pile a strong wind would blow them everywhere except the bag.

I went back inside, warmed up, and read something that focused me.

When I went back outside the job got done, I actually had fun and now, after the normally boring and frustrating chore of raking leaves, I am pretty damn fired up! I met the challenge head on.

So what changed?

I stopped complaining and got resourceful. I got inside of the garbage bag, raked leaves, hopped close to the pile and shoveled them in.

I'm sure there are other better ways to rake leaves in the wind, but my method worked fine, and I got to hop around in a hefty bag, what's cooler than that?

Oh, and no leaves escaped my rake.

Give all of yourself in everything you do. No challenge is too small, each one can make you stronger.

joeyz101
http://twitter.com/joeyz101

No comments:

Post a Comment